Back Ground: Natio
During 2017, I recently fell in love with an affordable, effective, and under appreciated Australian brand; Natio.
Natio, an Australian based company, has been promoting, nurturing, and protecting the skin of their consumers for the last 75 years; imparting their wisdom and formulating amazing skin care products.
In a world heavily flooded with skin care products, finding a good and cost-effective product can be overwhelming. Fortunately, Natio elevates this problem; when it comes to skin care and cosmetics, Natio believes that everyone should be able to afford a quality beauty product. As a Full-Time university student, I couldn’t agree more.
Natio also has an amazing philosophy behind their brand. They encourage everyone to discover and respect their own unique and natural beauty, while promoting self-awareness and self-acceptance as two core values of their company. That’s such a fantastic philosophy to stand for! As a Psychology graduate, its great to hear a beauty company talk and promote two amazing humanistic values.
That was just a little back ground about Natio, but lets get into the reviews!
I was going to do in-depth reviews on each of my favourite Natio skin care, but since I adore quite a bit of their skin care, I thought I would just give a massive shout out to Natio in a mega appreciation post. Keeping in mind that I have not tried every Natio skin care product, nonetheless, I have hand-picked some true gems in the Natio skin care line that I think would suit ALL skin types.
- One of my favourite skin care lines from Natio!
- Natio Rosewater Hydration Line is all about hydration and antioxidants.
- This skin care line heavily relies on rosewater to soothe and calm the skin, while also using humectants, i.e, glycerin, to draw moisture to the skin.
- So why do I think that Natio’s Rosewater Hydration Line is suitable for all skin types?
- Dry skin individuals: This skin care line is ALL about hydration, using Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid, and essential oils to retain moisture.
- Oily skin individuals: Sometimes too much hydration and heavy creams can be detrimental to the oily skin. However, every moisturiser in this skin care line is not heavy at all; due to its gel formulation it sinks right into the skin. Perfect for oily skin individuals like me!
- Normal and sensitive skin individuals: I personally also suffer with sensitive skin (inflammation from acne), and certain ingredients can really flare up my skin. Natio’s Rosewater Hydration Line is formulated with gentle, soothing, and skin loving ingredients, which did not irritate my already inflamed acne. However, this skin care line did not TREAT my acne.
- I have not tried every skin care product in this line, but from the ones I have tried, here are my top picks:
Rosewater Hydration Drench Mineral Face Mist
Water (Aqua), Rosewater, Glycerin, Rose Oil (Damascena), Hydroxyacetophenone, Ceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Phosphate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Phosphate.
- A very FINE face mist.
- Provides topical hydration to the skin.
- 200ml, amazing value for money.
- Was not irritating too my sensitive skin
- My only con with this product is the mist dispenser. You really need to push the nozzle down with a lot of force for the product to dispense, but when it does disperse, its amazing.
Rosewater Hydration Moisture Boost Day Cream-Gel
Water (Aqua), Rosewater, Glycerin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Rose Oil (Damascena), Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyacetophenone, Phenoxyethanol, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Beta-Carotene.
- A very light weight day cream; non heavy when applied on the face
- Absorbs fast
- Provides a decent amount of moisture for the day
- Extremely cooling when applied topically on the skin. This is comparable to rubbing pure Aloe Vera onto the face.
- Wonderful for the morning
Rosewater Hydration Moisture Recharge Night Cream-Gel
Water (Aqua), Rosewater, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Rose Oil (Damascena), Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyacetophenone, Phenoxyethanol, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Beta-Carotene.
- My favourite product from the Natio Rosewater Hydration Line
- An amazing night cream
- Non-irritating to my sensitive skin
- This night cream is almost like a ‘Sleeping Pack’. The gel texture of the night cream glides smoothly on the face providing an abundant amount of moisture.
- My experience with this night cream gel has simply been amazing. This night cream is fantastic for all skin types. It locks in moisture while soothing and hydrating the skin. When I awake from my sleep ready to apply my morning skin care, I cup my hands together to scoop some water to splash on my face. While the water hits my face I can feel the night cream melting off, a truly amazing treatment for my face.
- Must try night cream!
- Uses plant extracts and essential oils to nourish the skin; providing a healthy complexion.
Clay and Plant Face Mask Purifier
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Bentonite, Kaolin, Polysorbate 60, Titanium Dioxide CI 7789I, PVP, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cellulose Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Cymbopogon Martini (Palmarosa) Oil, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.
- This CLAY mask is so gentle on the skin. The texture of this mask is mousey and creamy.
- While this mask is on the face it, the essential oils and humectants kept my face from over drying and cracking.
- Does contain Parabens.
- Tip for sensitive skin: I find that adding a tiny bit of a face oil in this product, i.e, my holy grail trilogy rose hip oil, keeps the mousey and creamy texture of the mask in tact, so it never truly hardens down.
Apricot & Orange 10 Minute Brightening Mask
Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, PEG-8 Beeswax, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Lactic Acid, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Ceteareth-20, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Xanthan Gum, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Styrax Benzoin Gum, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum).
- I can honestly say that in the Western Market you will not find a product with AHA’s under $20.
- This wash off mask utilises Lactic Acid as its main AHA, while also containing a plethora of fruit extracts and essential oils to brighten and nourish the skin. I can’t testify to the whole brightening effect from using this mask, but it’s exfoliating effects are amazing.
- As a sensitive skin individual, I find some chemical exfoliants to sensitise and irritate my skin, but I can honestly say that this formulation by Natio did not.
- I also LOVE how this wash off mask hydrates my face while it slowly removes dead skin cells with AHA’s.
Rosewater and Chamomile Gentle Skin Toner
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rose (Rosa Spp) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Cymbopogon Martini (Palmarosa) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Ceteth-20, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glucose, Bisabolol.
- Drug store toners in western society are normally strong astringents, containing alcohol and over stripping the skin. Unlike any of the drug store toners in Western Society this toner is great value for money; considering the ingredients used.
- This toner avoids alcohol and nourishes the skin with chamomile, a potent antioxidant for the skin.
- My only con with this toner is the strong smell of chamomile and rose combined. However, once you use this toner a couple of times the smell is not as noticeable.
- This toner does contain Parabens.
Wellness Hand Cream SPF 15
- Hands down one my favourite and beloved hand cream ! !
- An amazing and fast absorbing hand cream; leaving no grease on the hand
- Has a really subtle scent of fruits
- Has SPF to protect against UVA & UVB sun rays.
- Must try hand cream from the Natio line! !
- Must try items:
Rosewater Hydration Moisture Recharge Night Cream-Gel
Clay and Plant Face Mask Purifier (Mixed with one of your favourite facial oil)
Natio Wellness Hand Cream SPF 15
And as always, take care of your skin.
All products are purchased with my money. I am not sponsored to review any products. All opinions are 100% honest, and written from my personal experience.
Since word press is a free to use platform, you might occasionally you might see an ad on my page. This is placed by WordPress and not by me.