The Skin Care
A. by BOM: Supersense A. All in One Mask Pack ( 28ml)
- Hydrating & whitening functional mask pack
- Emulsion type mask pack
- Uses coconut water & fruit extracts
- Provides the same skincare benefits as an essence, skin conditioner, lotion, and a cream. ( Source A )
Sadly the full ingredients are written in Korean, and i am unable to find an english translation. However, i have found the main ingredients used for this mask, and i will break down how useful these ingredients are in establishing the claims of this sheet mask.
- Niacinamide: Is a Vitamin B3 derivative, and is a skin restoring, and protective ingredient. Niacinamide has significant effects on ‘aging skin’, making it a popular ingredient in the beauty industry. Niacinamide can reduce fine lines, wrinkles, smooth the skin’s texture, lighten hyper pigmentation, treat inflammation, and improve the skin’s barrier. (Source A)
- Adenosine: Derived from yeast, Adenosine has been shown to smooth the texture of the skin, and minimise the appearance of wrinkles. (Source B)
- Rice Extracts (Oryza sativa cera): Is a natural ingredient obtained from Rice Bran, and aids in smoothing and softening of the skin (moisturising). A previous scientific study applied Rice Extracts (Oryza sativa cera) as a Gel and a Cream on a group of 30 participants. When applied topically for 28 days, these formulations hydrated the skin, reduced texture & roughness, improved elasticity, and lighten the skin. Additionally, oils are also obtained from Rice Bran, which contain numerous antioxidant properties (Tocotrienol, Gamma-Oryzanol, Ferulic Acid). Tocotrienol is part of the Vitamin E family, while Ferulic Acid can reduce the amount of ‘free radicals’ in the body. Free radicals are substances that form within the body from UV light (sun rays), and air pollution like smoking. The formation of ‘free radicals’ can damage the skin’s DNA/ Lipids/ Proteins/ Collagen, which are all needed in keeping the skin healthy and supple. (Source C)
- Coconut water/ Milk extracts / Lily & Jasmine extracts: These are ‘nothing’ ingredients (they do nothing, add a tiny bit of moisture, or fragrance).
Scent (5/5): This face mask has a subtle scent like roasted chest nuts, but this scent is not strong at all. If your nose isn’t sensitive to particular scents, you might not smell anything from this mask.
Texture of the product(2/5): This mask is an emulsion type mask. If you don’t know what an emulsion is, it is a cream that is light & creamy (milky). Imagine something like a serum, but slightly thicker. Emulsions are great if you want extra hydration, but you don’t want the thickness that comes along with heavy creams. This sheet mask is coated with an emulsion ‘serum’, and leaves a tacky residue when applied on to the skin. However, this is not a problem for me, as i follow up with my additional skin care routine which subsides some of the residue left behind.
Application(5/5): This isn’t a ‘small/medium’ size sheet mask, and is quite ‘large’ in size. This can easily fit on my face.
Quality of product (4/5): Sadly i can’t analyse all the ingredients in this mask, but from the main ingredients in this face mask, they seem to be of really good quality, & scientifically have results (Niacinamide/ Adenosine/Oryza sativa cera). I also have acne prone/ sensitive skin, and this mask was amazing for me. I was scared that the sticky residue left behind might clog some of my pores, but after repeated use of this mask, this did not happen. My face loved this mask.
Overall Performance/ Effects:
- Skin looked heather/ plumper after first use ( my skin looked a lot smoother)
- This sheet mask should be use to maintain a healthy complexion & texture problems
- Did not have any effects on my ongoing acne/ inflammation/ oil control
- Moisturising & reduced redness, but did not ‘whiten’ my skin.
- Did not break me out & has a subtle roasted chest nut scent
- This does not replace an essence, skin conditioner, lotion, and a cream ( I personally would not use this mask alone, and go straight to bed). The sticky residue left behind means you need to use other skin care products to massage the residue in.
- Leaves sticky residue (easily one of those masks that leaves you with a ‘skin care glow’)
Duration of wear: 27/11/ 2016 – 10/12/ 2016. I tried this mask for a period of 2 weeks, every 1 – 2 days apart. My philosophy about sheet masks is that they should be an extra source of skin care, that supports your ongoing skincare routine. From using a sheet mask once a week, its unlikely that i can give an honest review about the sheet mask’s effects. Like all skin care ingredients, they work over time, and there is no quick fix or solution. My advice for you guys & girls is that if you want to see the effects of a sheet mask, it’s best to use them continuously. ( Also remember that sheet masks are not essential in a skin care routine, so don’t fill pressured into using a sheet mask everyday. I however did for this scenario, because i wanted to see the effects this sheet mask had on my skin so i can give an honest review! )
Repurchase: Yes! This mask is easily moving its way to one of my favourite sheet masks!
I love this sheet mask. It didn’t break me out, it was moisturising, and it helped with maintaining a healthy skin (it also low key smells like roasted chest nuts) . I personally used this sheet mask every 1-2 days for this review, but don’t fill obligated to! The ingredients in this sheet mask seem to work straight away ( my skin looked smoother), and you should turn to this mask if you want to maintain a healthy complexion. However, if you have severe inflammation, acne, and oil problems, this sheet mask didn’t really do much to treat that. This sheet mask did not give me acne, but it also didn’t do anything to treat my on going acne. Just remember that this sheet mask also leaves a sticky residue on the skin, and isn’t one of those sheet masks that you can use and leave (go straight to sleep). Most likely you will need to massage the left over residue into your skin, or apply your skin care routine to subdue to residue left behind.
Overall rating: 4/5
Price: $28 (Box of 10)/ $3.80 single sheet
Have a happy 2017 ! Thanks for being apart of the Juskin Family, and lets continue to take care of our skin.
All products are purchased with my money. I am not sponsored to review any products, nor do i have affiliate links. I am however a proud affiliate with WishTrend, and I truly adore how they promote good skin health. All opinions are 100% honest, and written from my personal experience.
Irritants are flagged from skin care database: CosDNA
Since word press is a free to use platform, you might occasionally you might see an ad on my page. This is placed by WordPress and not by me.