LACURA: Hyaluronic Gel 30 G
A high level of pure Hyaluronic Acid and Mimox, for a highly effective, anti-ageing product
- There are no Irritants or Comedogenic ingredients in this formulation, but if you keep reading you will find out that some of the ingredients literally do nothing for the skin ( for example: Acetyl hexapeptide-8).
- Sodium Hyaluronate: If you ever see this ingredient in a product, its just a fancy way of saying hyaluronic acid. This ingredient can hold up to 1000x times of its moisture content, and sadly can only work topically to keep the skin hydrated (this only applies if sodium hyaluronate is not in a serum). This ingredient works best as a serum, so it can penetrate deep within your skin! Always keep this in mind.
- Creatine: Is found naturally in the human body, and supplies energy to our muscles and nerve cells. As a result, Creatine plays a vital role in strengthening the muscles. When applied topically, Creatine is supposed to improve skin cell turn over, and improve skin texture, elasticity, skin tone, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This ingredient really does sound amazing, but there isn’t much current research that can support all of these claims. Future research is needed to investigate the effects of Creatine applied topically onto the skin. More efficient researched substitutes to Creatine actually include retinol, and peptides, which also have a similiar effects to Creatine.
- acetyl hexapeptide-8: This ingredient is classified as a ‘peptide’, and in theory peptides are a strong anti-aging ingredient: reducing fine lines, wrinkles, and plumping the skin. Acetyl hexapeptide-8 is normally put into anti- aging formulations because it is classified as a peptide, and should have the associated anti-aging effects that come along with being a peptide.. However, this particular peptide (Acetyl hexapeptide-8), is just a gimmic. There have been no studies done on this peptide (Acetyl hexapeptide-8), and no evidence have been found supporting these claims. Even more frustrating is that ‘peptides’ are unstable and break down in water-based formulations, causing it to have no effects on the skin. If you look at the ingredient list, the main ingredient is water. So, the water based formulation, combined with the lack of research on this type of ‘peptide‘ (Acetyl hexapeptide-8), indicates that this ingredient has no effect at ALL on the skin.
- caprylyl glycol: This ingredient provides some low key moisture to your face, but also acts as a preservative, keeping the formulation fresh and anti-bacterial free.
Scent (5/5): This product has no scent, which is always a bonus for me!
Texture of the product(1/5): The texture of this product is a really THICK gel.
Application(1/5): The application of this product is terrible. The product applicator is the worst applicator i have ever used, and the actual product it self never fully gets absorbed into the skin, leaving a tacky residue topically on the skin.
Quality of product (1/5): Essentially the only good active skin loving ingredient is Sodium Hyaluronate, but the product it self is questionable.
Overall Performance/ Effects:
- Provides moisture to the skin
- Leaves a sticky residue
- Never absorbs fully (refer to the photos above)
- Some of the anti- aging ingredients seems ‘gimmicky’, and literally does nothing for the skin (Acetyl hexapeptide-8 + Creatine)
- The product applicator is the far most worst applicator of a product i have ever used in existence.
Duration of wear: 9/10/2016 – 4/11/2016
Repurchase: No. Never.
Okay, so the texture of the product is really terrible. When applied to the skin, this product isn’t one of those gels that melts into the skin. It is thick and not at all watery. The product never absorbs into the skin, and leaves sticky and tacky residue topically on the skin. This product literally feels like you’re rubbing some form of ‘glue’ on your face. Additionally, the applicator of this product is the worst applicator i have ever tried. You will spend a solid minute fiddling around with the applicator, and if you’re lucky you might obtain a single drop of the product. I can’t tell if this product applied any moisture to my skin, but since it has a good dose of Sodium Hyaluronate, i supposed it did. Additionally some of the anti-aging ingredients are also questionable, and potentially had no benefits for the skin (Acetyl hexapeptide-8 + Creatine).
Overall rating: 2/5
All products are purchased with my money. I am not sponsored to review any products, nor do i have affiliate links. All opinions are 100% honest, and written from my personal experience.
Irritants are flagged from skin care database: CosDNA