Lush: Rosy Cheeks
A simple blend of kaolin, calamine and Turkish rose oil to delicately calm the skin and restore balance. Whether you’re feeling hot and bothered or just fancy showering your complexion with roses, cleansing calamine and kaolin will gently remove dirt while exquisite rose oil nourishes and tones your face. Calm, matte skin, here you come!
Look at that! Since Lush uses natural and safe synthetics ingredients, there does’t seem to be any acne irritants/pore clogging ingredients. However, this Lush mask does utilize the use of fragrances as part of their ingredients list:
- Lilial / Citronellol / Geraniol
- Rose Oil (Rosa damascena): Rose oil is obtained from rose petals. However, unlike the rose petals that aim to soothe the skin, the rose oils obtained from the petals aim to add more fragrance to the product. In addition, they don’t have any skin care benefits. If anything, this ingredient poses a risk of irritation to your face.
- Calamine Powder: For this mask, Calamine Powder helps with soothing the skin, and killing bacteria (antiseptic).
- Glycerine: Is found naturally topically on our skin, and helps our skin stay soft & supple. It ‘draws’ water from beneath our skin layers to the top. This will result in this ingredient treating dry skin conditions topically. However, when too much pure glycerin is added in a product, this can actually be negative for you. Needless to say, too much of pure glycerin will continue to take water from our layers underneath our skin, until it is dehydrated.
- Kaolin: Is a soft clay that is normally white in texture. The clay is also thick making it perfect for forming a mask. The thick texture of this ingredient will allow other ingredients to be held together, and to aid in the delivery of ingredients deep down into our pores. In doing so, this clay will help nourish & soothe our skin. Additionally, this type of clay has particular minerals & nutrients that will help in reducing our oils. When introduced in a clay mask, kaolin will help cleanse & exfoliate our skin cells topically. This will help in detoxifying our skin, as it will allow our skin cells to regenerate topically. This ingredient also has multi purpose functions. When the clay starts to harden, it is able to help clear our pores, and this helps with problematic skin conditions. Scientific studies have shown that this detoxifying process is only shown if the mask stays on for about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Rose Clay (Kaolinite): Similar to the function of the Koalin clay, but the appearance of this clay is pink (Rose Clay + Calamine gives this product its pink colour!!)
- Rose Petals (Rosa centifolia): This mask is infused with rose petals. The rose petals contain skin-soothing, and antioxidant properties.
Scent (3/5): If you’re into roses, then this mask has your back.
Texture of the product(2/5): This is a really thick mask, so be careful not to go overboard!
Application(2/5): Because this mask is so thick, the application can be a bit rough, tagging down on the skin. However, it does wash off really well.
Quality of product (1/5): Looking at the ingredient list, this isn’t that great of a product. The main ingredients (rose petals/calamine power) aim to soothe the skin, as a mean to target redness. However, the science behind rose petals/calamine power has been limited. You can soothe the skin just as efficiently (maybe even better), by using aloe vera. The large amounts of added fragrances in this product is a bit of a let down too. Personally, i have tones of redness from my acne scares, and if you are looking for a product to help with the redness left on your face from past acne scares (or if you are looking at a product to soothe irrirtated acne), you can forget this mask. In contrast, if you dont have acne, and just want a quick and pretty pink clay mask that smells nice, look no more as Lush’s Rosy Cheeks has your back.
Overall Performance/ Effects:
- Cleaned my pores
- Gently exfoliated
- Did not reduce redness from long lasting acne scars
- Calamine powder + Rose petals did not soothe my skin
Duration of wear: 6.09.2016 – 27.09.2016 ( This mask can only last for 3 weeks!!)
Repurchase: No. I think the best part of this mask was the ‘Koalin Clay’, and this allowed the mask to gently exfoliate and cleanse my face. The rose extracts + calamine didn’t too anything to soothe my redness.
Overall rating: 2/5
- Applies to the face well
- Easy to wash off
- Purified the skin
- Deep cleanse
- Reduced redness
- Calms the skin
- Hydrated the skin
- Cleaned pores
- Soothes the face
All products are purchased with my money. I am not sponsored to review any products, nor do i have affiliate links. All opinions are 100% honest, and written from my personal experience.
Irritants are flagged from skin care database: CosDNA