MISSHA: All Around Safe Block Sebum Zero Sun. SPF50+ PA++ (50ml)
1. Double Layer UV Blocking System Holds Up Strong to Water and Sweat
New Double Layer UV Blocking System provides long-lasting and impenetrable UV protection, even as the humidity rises
2. Green Tea and Tea Tree extract Control Sebum Production to Keep Skin Matte
Oil Controlling ingredients Green Tea water and Tea Tree extract keep sebum under control and mattify the skin
3. 100% UV Protection, Safe for Sensitive Skin
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Flower/Leaf/Stem , Extract, Limonia Acidissima Extract, Rosa Davurica Bud Extract, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Olivate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Beeswax, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, PEG-8 Laurate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Benzoate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isostearic Acid, Lecithin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Potassium sorbate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance
The ‘Irritants’/ Comedogenic
- Dimethicone (Mildly Comedogenic): Is an ingredient that forms a barrier over your skin. This product has hydrating properties, and is supposed to smooth out lines and wrinkles on your face. It works by providing the skin with a protective layer, which helps prevent moisture loss and conditions the skin.
- Butylene Glycol (Mildly Comedogenic): This ingredient keep the product from drying out, and enhances skin penetration to other ingredients. Butylene Glycol is a possible acne trigger if applied in its pure form. Numerous studies have been conducted on this ingredient, and have deemed it appropriate to be used in cosmetics/skincare
- Beeswax (Comedogenic): Used for its moisturising properties, since it has the ability to prevent water loss when applied topically on the skin. Additionally, Beeswax can be used as a emulsifier (when mixed with other ingredients, Beeswax will stop other ingredients in the product from separating).
- Stearic Acid (Comedogenic): Is a fatty acid and comes from vegetables. Normally used in skin care as an emollient/ thickener/ skin repairing ingredient. Additionally, Stearic Acid has hydrating properties. COSDNA rated this ingredient a 2 for Acne. (low to moderate ingredient for causing acne)
- Isopropyl Palmitate (Highly Comedogenic): Protects the skin from drying, and has moisturising properties. Isopropyl Palmitate also enhances the penetration of other ingredients in a product. However, Isopropyl Palmitate can clog pores and cause acne if the dose of this ingredient is higher than 5%. (Not the case for this product)
- Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Highly Comedogenic): Protects the skin from drying, and has moisturising properties.
Mildly Comedogenic = The chances of this ingredient clogging your pores is not likely.
Highly Comedogenic = A strong chance that this ingredient will clog your pores.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water: Another powerful antioxidant that helps in protecting your skin. Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water helps maintain your skins natural collagen & elasticity, keeping it supple.
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract: Tea tree extract does wonders for acne prone skin. It works by killing bacteria topically, and helps in reducing swelling. (Remember that this product kills the bacteria topically, so make sure to spot treat/ use a tea tree essence to kill the bacteria under the skin. This is a step that people normally miss, and in a few days the pimple will resurface.)
- Rosa Davurica Bud Extract: Not much information can be found on Rosa Davurica. However, according to the MISSHA website this ingredient is supposed to protect the skin from damage such as: air pollution and UV rays.
Scent (3/5): The smell of this sunscreen is floral, almost like a ‘white’ scented tea. The smell is not strong but still noticeable, but fades away after application.
Texture of the product(2.5/5): The texture of this product is half way between being thick and ‘creamy’.
Application(2.5/5): The product blends nicely, but it does leave a white cast on your face (this fades after 5 minutes, see photo above!).
Quality of product (3/5): This product has good Physical and Chemical protection. This product was blended with good quality ingredients, and when compared to any affordable drug store sun screens in Western society, the formula is more ‘complex’. This product claims to reduce your facial oil, however i didn’t see this effect.
Overall Performance/ Effects:
- Provides FULL UVA + UVB protection
- Did not break me out
- Leaves a white cast, but this fades within 5 minutes
- Minimal floral scent that fades away.
- Doesn’t reduce face oil production
- Lacks hydration
Duration of wear: 2/8/2016 –
Repurchase: This is a good sunscreen that offers UVA + UVB protection, and i don’t mind the white cast (since it fades after awhile). The ingredients haven’t caused me to break out, so based on this information, i would repurchase.
Overall rating: 2.7/5
All products are purchased with my money. I am not sponsored to review any products, nor do i have affiliate links. I am however a proud affiliate with WishTrend, and I truly adore how they promote good skin health. All opinions are 100% honest, and written from my personal experience.
Irritants are flagged from skin care database: CosDNA
Since word press is a free to use platform, you might occasionally you might see an ad on my page. This is placed by WordPress and not by me.