I have wanted to try & review Benton’s Honest TT Mist for a long time now! I have heard amazing stuff about this mist, and how it helps reduce redness.
Lets get into the review!
Benton Honest TT Mist (40 ml)
Instant skin trouble relief in just a few sprays! Benton’s Honest TT Mist is infused with pure concentrations of Tea Tree oil, which effectively soothes stressed and exhausted skin. This mist is fast-absorbing which makes it work faster compared to usual mists. It also helps balance out the skin’s moisture levels to control excessive sebum production and prevent acne breakouts. This is recommended for people suffering from acne and sensitive skin.
If you’re oily or have acne prone skin, this is the mist you’ve been dreaming about. Made with 85% Tea Tree water and extracts, this mist is here to soothe and treat acne while hydrating the skin. For those of you who think you’re oily and don’t need hydration – think again! Skin needs moisture to protect the skin from premature aging regardless of how much oil you produce. We love how the main ingredient is tea tree, which is a gentle anti-inflammatory that effectively and gently treats breakouts without drying out the skin.
Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tee Tree) Leaf Water, Sodium Hyaluronate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Altharea Roea Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Beta-Glucan, Poly Glutamic Acid, Aspalathus Linearis Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Psidium Guajava Extract, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract
There are no irritants that i could spot on the ingredient list, all of the ingredients are low ‘hazard’ ingredients, with one ingredient being a possible LOW acne trigger:
- Butylene Glycol: This is a multi purpose ingredient, it helps keep the substance from drying out, & enhances skin penetration to other ingredients. This ingredient is a possible acne trigger if applied in its pure form, and in a high dosage to the skin. Numerous studies have been conducted on this ingredient, and have deemed it appropriate to be used in cosmetics/skincare. I wouldn’t worry too much about this product, as other bloggers have not reported acne break outs from using this product.
Every other ingredient in this product aims to soothe & hydrate the skin, and/or are natural extracts or preservatives! So that’s quite amazing! The main ingredients in this product include:
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tee Tree) Leaf Water: Normally with face mist (around this price range), the main product would be water. However, this product contains tea tree infused water instead (infused with tea tree extract), about 80% of the whole product is made from tea tree water!
- Sodium Hyaluronate: If you ever see this ingredient in a product, its just a fancy way of saying hyaluronic acid. This ingredient can hold up to 1000x times of its moisture content, and sadly can only work topically to keep the skin hydrated (if not in a serum). This ingredient works best as a serum, so it can penetrate deep within your skin! Always keep this in mind.
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract: Tea tree extract does wonders for acne prone skin. It works by killing bacteria topically, and helps in reducing the swelling. (imagine spraying this stuff all over your face ! ! ). (Remember that this product kills the bacteria topically, so make sure to spot treat/ use a tea tree essence to kill the bacteria under the skin. This is a step that people normally miss, and in a few days the pimple will resurface.)
I am not ‘in love’ with how this products dispenses. The products ejects a strong dispersion of the fluid in one area of my face, leaving other areas dry and uncoated. I need around 4-5 pumps just to satisfy the coverage of my face. Additionally, it sprays to much product on to one tiny area of my face. This is not really appreciated for a 40ml mist, and is the reason why i ran out of this product quite fast.
On to the positives! This product did soothe and calm my skin. This product arrived in the mail just as i was going through a rough patch with my skin. Applying this product at night did help maintain my skin moisture levels, fight acne topically, & help reduce my oil content. I also fell in LOVE with how this product was able to help with my redness (which i am attributing to the soothing properties of this product). This was only temporary, but every night when i did use to product, i would wake up the following day with my redness diminished. I would defiantly recommend this product to people who suffer from sever acne. This product is one of its kind, infused with anti acne fighting ingredients, while keeping your face hydrated. However, if you are one of the lucky gems out there and suffer from acne only once in a while, you can give this product a miss. Unless you want to spend the extra $$$$$ a regular spot treatment should be just fine. I really did LOVE this product, because of how it was able to help with my redness, and keep my skin hydrated!
Repurchase: Yes! I don’t see anything wrong with having this mist in your/my collection for acne trouble nights!
Price: I bought mine on eBay for around $10
Result seen from other bloggers:
I have tried to highlight the main findings of this product, and how it has helped with the skin condition of these fellow bloggers. These are only extracts, so if you want more detail just click their name, and it should re – direct you to their reviews of the product.
- Soothes the skin
- Hydrates the skin
- Gentle for sensitive skin
- Calms the skin
- Anti inflammatory
- Reduces Redness
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin
- Reduces facial oils
- Hydrates the skin
- Acne prone skin: Hello Tea Tree
- Dry skin: Hello Hyaluronic Acid
- Oily skin: Individual’s with oily skin can benefit from this product too, since it helps in reducing oil production ! !
- Normal skin: The bacteria killing properties & hydration makes this formula unique! Normal skin individuals should’t have a problem with this product.
All products are purchased with my money. I am not sponsored to review any products, nor do i have affiliate links. All opinions are 100% honest, and written from my personal experience.