Right now in my life university has commenced. Over the semester i will try to release 1 review every 2 weeks.
Any who, this review will be on Mizon’s Water Volume EX Cream – Hydra Tox skin line
Keep reading for the details
Ahh yes! The Mizon Hydra Tox line. The story on how i found out about this line is identical to the Intensive Skin Barrier line. With the amount of reviews i have on Mizon’s skincare line, it is quite obvious that Mizon has a special place in my heart. This was the first K-Beauty brand that i purchased back when i was a first year university student. Now entering my fourth year, i have been on an adventure with my units & courses. The one thing that has stayed the same is my skincare routine always greeting me every night & morning.
Mizon Water Volume EX Cream Hydra Tox (100ml)
This is is a daily moisturiser for the day or night depending on your preference. Even though this says cream, the consistency of the product is a gel. The purpose of this product is to indulge dry skin conditions with a boost of moisture. It contains snow algae & brown algae to help treat stressful skin conditions, & reinforce our natural moisture barriers on top of our skin.
This product claims too:
- Add moisture topically on the skin but also underneath the skin’s surface: The formulation will enhance the amount of moisture retained, while reinforcing the natural moisture barrier on our skin.
- Hydra Tox Technology: The formulation of this gel has claimed to have advanced & unique ‘technology’ to Mizon. This ‘technology’ is supposed to develop our natural moisture barrier.
- Burst of moisture upon application: When applied to the skin the gel texture will penetrate deeply into dry skin, to leave it smooth and silky.
As always you can find these claims on Mizon’s website.
From these claims i would expect this to treat dry/sensitive skin, but also suitable for oily skin.
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Alcohol, Glycereth-26, 1,2-hexandiol, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Moringa Oleifera Seed Extract, Algae Extract, Isomalt, Lecithin, Lactic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Carrageenan, Maris Sal, Silica, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Inci Name, Acrylates/c10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Potassium Hydroxide, Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (bergamot ) Fruit Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Beta-glucan, Hamamelis Virginiana(witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Citrullus Vulgaris (watermelon) Fruit Extract, Ocimum Basilicum (basil) Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Glacier Water, Sea Water, Betula Platyphylla Japonica Juice, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (licorice) Root Extract, Broussonetia Kazinoki Root Extract, Betaine, Sodium Pca, Sorbitol, Serine, Glycine, Glutamic Acid, Alanine, Lysine, Arginine, Threonine, Proline, Disodium Edta, Ci 42090
- Butylene Glycol: I have already talked about this ingredient. If you would like a detailed description please click here. However this is a a multi purpose ingredient, which only scored a 1 for irritating the skin.
- Alcohol: A debatable ingredient. This depends on your personal preference & experience. If alcohol dries out your skin/ makes you break out, it’s a good idea to stay away. I have sensitive skin and found that alcohol was a non-irritating agent in this formula.
- Dimethicone: Is an ingredient that forms a barrier over your skin. This product has hydrating properties and is supposed to smooth out lines and wrinkles on your face. Thereby it acts by providing the skin with a protective layer, which helps prevent moisture loss and conditions the skin.It is of a silicon formulation, so imagine this as almost like a hydrating primer. When applied, this should leave the skin smooth & silky.
- Glycerin: Is found naturally topically on our skin, and helps our skin stay soft & supple. It ‘draws’ water from beneath our skin layers to the top. This will be able to treat dry skin conditions & repair the skin. Research has shown that when glycerin is paired with other ingredients like dimethicone, this can further increase the healing properties of our skin! However, when too much pure glycerin is added in a product, this can actually be negative for you. Needless to say too much of pure glycerin will continue to take water from our layers underneath our skin, until it is dehydrated.
- Algae Extract: This product contains both brown & snow algae. Algae will help revitalize stressful skin conditions from sporadic temperature changes, while reinforcing our skin’s natural moisture barrier.
- Lactic Acid: This ingredient took me by surprise. I would have never thought that i would find this gem in this gel formulation! This is a Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), which comes from milk. This ingredient is a leave on exfoliant that gently exfoliates cells on the skin. This is great for skin discolouration (acne scars/ pigmentation). However as this product slowly breaks down the skin binding materials, irritation might occur (Always spot test).
Witch hazel,licorice, basil, flower oils, root extracts & glacial water are all notable ingredients in this formulation. However not high on the ingredient list.
Have you gents & dolls ever heard of the phrase ‘you dont know what you have till it’s gone?’ Because i am terribly upset that this product has ended for me. Since i have oily & sensitive skin, this product was amazing. During the process of using this product i really had no idea what wonders it was doing to my skin. I just thought this was another gel based moisturiser, but how wrong was I. As soon as I finished this product my skin went to hell. I have no idea why, since the only thing removed from my routine was this product. I have a theory that this formulation was perfect for my acne prone, sensitive & oily skin. The gel based texture does not cause my oil glands to produce more/less oil. (This is not a treatment for oily skin so I don’t really mind). Additionally the ingredients did not iritate my skin!
Like wow. During the usage of this ‘cream’, the condition of my face improved so much. However i did not notice this straight away, or even at all. It was’t until i finished the product that i noticed the difference it made. My skin was acne free, smooth, supple & hydrated. When i had this product i had zero flakey patches.I have never had a product i regretted not repurchasing before. Due to my financial situations it will be a 2 week wait before i can reorder this, plus another 1 month of shipping. Until the day comes when i am holding this repurchased product in my hand, i will wait in anticipation.
Verdict: Amazing stuff
Price: $11 USD/ $16.80 AUD (Australian Dollar)
All products are purchased with my money. I am not sponsored to review any products, nor do i have affiliate links. I am however a proud affiliate with WishTrend, and I truly adore how they promote good skin health. All opinions are 100% honest, and written from my personal experience.
Irritants are flagged from skin care database: CosDNA
Since word press is a free to use platform, you might occasionally you might see an ad on my page. This is placed by WordPress and not by me.